12 Ocak 2014 Pazar

Polly Adams'a Yazdığım Mektup ve Gelen Cevap (İngiliz Bilimkurgu Yazarı Douglas Noel Adams'ın Kızı)



Hello, My name is Renan Seçkin and I'm a writer and publisher in Turkey. About 10 months ago, I had an encounter with your father under very special circumstances. I thought about it for a long time and then I decided to tell you about this subject. On the 29.12.2012 I would have one of the most jarring nights I have ever experienced.
While I was lying down on my bed, I tried not to fall asleep for a very long time. I simply closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. Recently, I learnt that this method is very good to see beyond the perception. While lying and waiting in bed, the mind goes into a meditative state and the “other” images appear.
After a few images appeared, one of them startled me. It was very different from the most images I have ever seen because of what it involved; a voice. A coarse-faced man was commanding me. He was saying, “Try come load!” This angry, harsh faced man looked 40 to 45 years old. His face was very striking. His entire face, from forehead to chin, was marked in thick lines or streaks, roughly half a centimetre each. All of his face looked like it was branded. His face seemed as though the lines were from a T.V. screen. Whether or not the commands previously mentioned have anything to do with what I’m about to tell you, I don’t know. However, I assumed that what I said before could be important, that every image is important, which is why I wrote this.
As soon as I took a note of what he had said to me I went back to bed. This time, I had not slept. Just then, while I was in between asleep and awake mode, I heard of a very high-pitched sound that began to vibrate in my brain. An incredibly intense and particulary highpitch sound that made my mind mad! The sound and frequency was unlike anything.
I was thinking that maybe it would be the high-pitched sound that is blown from the trump of doom we will hear on judgement day. And those who are not accustomed to the severity of this sound will lose their minds. Although the vibrations were painful, I wanted to keep doing it, so I said I am allowing it and I want this to happen.
I started to wait. Time wasn't passing quickly. Maybe 30 seconds passed but for me these thirty seconds were folded several times. The sound and vibration never lasted this long before. Finally, all of a sudden, it stopped. So I got up from the double bed that I was lying on. I walked over to the window to explore this new place that I find myself in.
The room and house did not look like my house. The furniture looked comfortable, practical and high quality. There seemed to be no cabinet or sorts but there was an abundance of bedding and pillows. The large room had very spacious, elegant curtains adorn the windows. I wanted to see outside so I opened the curtains. It was night, so the sky was dark. Not as our navy darkness but rather a purple or lilac color. I saw that I was in the first or second floor.
I was in an apartment. There was an empty space infront of the building. Maybe there was nothing much beyond 10 or 20km away. It looked like a flat, empty and dark field. Only certain shapes were similar to the landscaped garden in front of the apartment building. There wasn’t much lighting so I could not see clearly. In the distance there seemed to be a giant city and it seemed very neat. It was separated from the field with transparent, high, oval walls. As if the walls were convexed around the city. (But I 'm not so sure.)
"I wonder where I am? In which year? Is this my house? "While all these questions were crossing my mind, my daughter entered to the room. From this perspective, it was very surprising to me. In any other realities I have never seen her awake. I called out my daughter by her name as she said to me "Mother, I cannot sleep, can you come?” She had the same name. The current state of her face was a little different, but this difference was not significant enough to make it a different face. "Is your father here? " I asked.
Now on the left side of the hallway, she pointed out the other door that was across from her door. We entered the inside. I felt slightly uneased about what I was going to see or find. This was similar to my comfortable bedroom. There was a single bed in the middle of the room. On the bed, under the fluffy cotton beddings, there was a strange man. This man wasn’t the father of my daughter in the life we live in. There was no resemblance in appearance.
I was, emotionally, completely neutral to this person. He was around 90 kg; a slight touch of greys on his light brown wavy hair, a lovely man with a fair face. I woke him up and sat down beside him on the bed. As he was sitting up on the bed, he hugged me with his arm over my shoulder. He smiled. In the meantime, my daughter had returned to her bed. I wanted to talk to this guy. "What is this place and what year is it, tell me." I said. He looked me in the eye like he understood everything, as though he understood my entire situation, and said: " Ogay gırgınki batini… This year the fifth bridge has been built." After these words there was a kind of silent agreement between us. I did not ask any more questions.
I woke up after a while...
"This year the fifth bridge has been built." The statement made me think of how I must have been in Istanbul in the future. But when I consulted with other people who are familiar with issues like this, they intepreted it differently, so I took their opinions seriously.
This year, could it be a bridge was built from the third dimension to fifth dimension? Maybe it made more sense with this interpration; after all, the place I had been to wasn't on the seaside or hadn’t had bosphorus like Istanbul does. All I had seen was miles of flat surface and a very neat and interesting city with transparent walls.
"Gırgınki batini” To me, the mystic number of forty-two sounded like it has esoteric meaning. I did some research on the mystery of the number forty-two... This research did not take me to the place I went at night, but the person that reached me... Bam! When I searched for “the esoteric meaning of the number 42, the esoteric meaning, the hidden meaning of phrases like” on the computer, I come a cross name of a movie. A film that I heard the name of long before but had not watched the movie. “The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy”, an English movie.
The film's title made me hopeful that I was on the right track. Immediatlely I looked for reviews on movies that have been made. Yes, it said the film was made of a series of mysteries surrounding the number 42. Somewhere in the movie, it states that the number 42 is the meaning of life.
The question asked to “the computer that knows everything” and it gave an answer of only a single number: 42. The meaning of life was 42!
By the strangeness of this response, it made a great deal of readers and viewers to search for the meaning of this answer. The author of the scenario never said what he meant by this number. And it is not possible for him to say anymore because the writer had passed away of a heart attack on 11 May 2001 at 49 years old. My daughter was born in 2001. And my niece was born on that day and month, 11th of May.
This person was Douglas Adams. I followed the clues given by this man and I found him and I recognised him by his pictures I saw in the Internet. Does this sound completely crazy? If he didn't give me the clues I could never know who he was. He let me know who he was and told me “The fifth bridge had been built.”
This is what I wanted to say. I still don’t know how to explain this or if there is anything you need to know. Yours truly, Renan Seckin

Dear Renan,

Thank you for sending me this. I've not been able to stop thinking about it for the last 3 days.

I was wondering if you could give me some more information? How does Istanbul fit in? Do you think it would be wise for me to visit Istanbul in the future?

I have to ask. The fair faced man, was he Spanish?

I found it concerning that after reading your email I turned to my window and my usual view was obscured by a sudden, dense fog. For 10, maybe 20 kilometres, I saw nothing. I took a photo. I would be happy to send it to you.

Have you told this story to your daughter? It could be important.

The reason I decided to email you back was that today in a lecture we were posed the dilemma of the Bridges of Konigsberg. The dilemma talks of crossing bridges and the oddness of the world. There is no way to cross each of the bridges only once and still return home. I couldn't stop thinking about your email. Perhaps this means something to you?

Many thanks. I look forwards to your response.

2 yorum:

  1. gerçekten ilginç bir deneyim, sonucunda herhangi bir bilgi alıp almadığınızı kitaplarınızda yazdınız mı, yazdıysanız hangi kitap?

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Peki ya sonra ?

    YanıtlaSil